On Friday, September 6, 2013 Councilwoman Christi Fraga will launch the search for the first recipient of the “Christi Fraga Youth Leadership Award” a recognition given once a quarter, to young individuals doing extraordinary things in the community. The goal is to award as many active youth as possible from our community.
City of Doral Councilwoman Christi Fraga & a community Business Sponsor are seeking to honor youth from the Doral Community who have made a substantial contribution to the improvement of the quality of life in our neighborhoods or who have served as a positive role model for others.
“We would like to recognize and award as many active youth as possible from our community” said Fraga.
Some may perform community service as a group, while others may have made outstanding individual contributions. In making your nomination, please think carefully if your nominee should be recognized:
a. For his or her individual work because the community service was unique, outstanding and done either outside of a group, or
b. Individually because the community service performed, while the individual was part of a group, surpassed the service of others in the group in ways that you can detail and clearly express in your nomination.
• Nominees must be between the ages of 15 to 23;
• They must reside, attend school or be involved in some community-based program in the Doral, Florida;
• They must receive no stipends for their acts; and
• They must have performed their community service with-in the last 12 Months.
• Contributions have included, but are not limited to, tutoring, participating in community-?based projects, assisting the needy, or triumphing over a personal challenge.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR NOMINATORS:
• Complete the Nomination Form found on www.christifraga.com
Share and Enjoy